TON (Telegram Open Network) is a Telegram based blockchain network which can host unlimited number of private and public blockchains. Developers promise that the network will process up to 1 mln transactions. That is so much more compare to the regular blockchain like Bitcoin with 7 trns/s and Ethereum with 15 trns/s. It is even more in comparison with VISA and MasterCard.
There are going to be several modules that can make it look like a real decentralized Internet:
- Telegram Passport - KYC system by Telegram allows users to get identified and authorized by services in a single click. Someone of you can say that Google has the exact same thing, however, in order to make payments in Google you need to link your bank card to the service, for TG you only need an account with a passport and internal Gram coins to make payments.
- TON Payments - payment processing system with a Gram internal currency - it is stated that it is going to work faster than VISA and MAsterCard - more than 1 mln transactions per second.
- TON Virtual Machine - TVM was developed for creation of smart contracts and preservation of intellectual rights.
- TON Storage - service storage, it works like p2p torrents
- TON Services - module for development and execution of decentralized apps and sites
- TON Proxy - anonymizer and proxy server for bypassing of restrictions
As soon as these modules will be released, in TON it will be possible to develop analogues of websites and apps, to create data storages, to pay for services immediately, to close deals without any geographical restrictions imposed.
With such a number of functions and users (more than 220 mln in 2018) TON definitely will not fail.