This is an app with very rich functionality. Most probably that you will spend some time in order to understand how Jira works, but, it is worth it if there are many complicated tasks in your project, especially if you prefer agile development methodology.
Similar to Trello in Jira there is an option for free usage, however, here you are limited with trial period, not by the functions available. Here you can:
- develop technical documentation - it fits not only for software description but also for development of business process and workflow
- track development progress online
- use tools for client support - Jira Service Desk
- use service hosting
- develop marketing strategy
- track financial operations
There are numerous tasks you can solve with JIRA, however, for the tech startup on the initial stage it is better to use only modules that help to develop the software. Here you can easily customize:
- agile development for your team
- continuous integration of modifications
- GitHub integration
- notifications for team members on project status
Thus, you are going to have it all for product development. However, there are tasks that Jira cannot really cope with - sales and client relationship management.